Every year Sculpt celebrates Christmas with a workout followed by a Christmas party and White Elephant Gift Exchange.
The Christmas Party is full of food and fellowship! The party starts at 9:00 AM on December 11th with a potluck breakfast and optional White Elephant Gift Exchange. Sculpt will provide the paper goods & silverware for the potluck. Examples of things to bring: egg casserole, hash brown casserole, sausage balls, fruit, muffins, etc. Bring enough to share with 6-8 people. There will be a sign up sheet at the front desk.
White Elephant Gift Exchange
A White Elephant Gift Exchange is a popular Christmas event where people vie to walk away with the best present. It also goes by Yankee Swap, Dirty Santa, and a plethora of other names. The White Elephant game is played by a lot of different rulesets – some dead simple and others confusingly elaborate.
Here are the basic rules:
1. Each player brings one wrapped gift ($25) to contribute to a common pool
2. Players draw numbers to determine what order they will go in
3. The first player selects a gift from the pool and opens it
Make sure everyone can see the gift!
4. The following players can choose to either pick an unwrapped gift from the pool or steal a previous player’s gift. Anyone who gets their gift stolen in this way can do the same – choose a new gift or steal from someone else.
Three Swaps and the Gift is Out. If a present gets stolen three times, it’s out of the game and the person who holds it gets to walk away with it.
5. The first player has the option to swap at the end after everyone has had a turn with no additional swapping allowed after that.
The White Elephant Gift Exchange is optional.